Somalia H:E President of Federal Republic of Somalia H.E Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Farmaajo
The president's speech
Somalia H:E President of Federal Republic of Somalia H.E Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Farmaajo, The Arab League Amman Summit Speech
held in Sea the Dead Jordan
March 29, 2017 In the
name of God the Merciful Your
Majesties, Excellencies and Highnesses ,
His Excellency the Secretary General of the League of Arab State
Gentlemen , heads of delegations
ladies and Gentlemen,
peace be upon you and God 's mercy and blessings be upon you
begin by thanking and appreciation to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan 's King, government and people , and especially thank His Majesty King Abdullah II, President of the twenty - eighth session of the summit presentation Yeh for his kind invitation to us to participate in the work ofthis summit, and for the warm reception and generous hospitality, I wouldalso like to thank and due to His Excellency President Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz , President of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania , the sister, thePresident of the previous summit , which led the vessel to safety wisely.
- and I share for the first time in an Arab summit let me extend my sincere thanks and gratitude to Your Majesties, Excellencies and Highnesses and HE the Secretary General of the League of Arab States to congratulate them and Tpricathm us on the occasion Atnkhabna President of the Republic of Somalia , federal, and assure you that I will do my best to be an active member and active contributor in the Arab labor joint.
Your Majesties, Excellencies and Highnesses: It
was natural to convene the Arab summits always the Arab world passes through certain circumstances, where each summit dealt with topics and issues before it and issue appropriate decisions according to the prevailing circumstances, and this summit , like other Arab summits held in exceptional circumstances and in the period critical and accurate Arab world , which is facing the challenges of security, political, economic and humanitarian needs us more collective action and to unify the efforts and the word and take appropriate decisions to confront and overcome insurance for the protection of our present and for the future of our countries and our peoples.
- The security and humanitarian challenges of the most serious facing theArab world at the moment and came mostly due to internal differences, Throughout the Arab world are suffering our people in Iraq, Syria, Libya and Yemen , the problem of strife, wars , and the lack of security and stability, so we invite them all to renounce violence and unite and tell them the reality of Our experience and long bitter that there is no alternative to dialogue and sit at the negotiating table, then stand united against the terrorists who reject peace because terrorism is aimed at everyone.
• All crises and challenges that we talked about and facing a number of Arab countries sister and other threatening and ignite the fire on Aziza from the Arab parts of the body, it can not end with a magic wand unless our summit take this crucial political decisions extinguish the fire before the flames reach the relatively safe areas the entire Arab body Victal.
• I am in this place the oldest advice fraternal Arab countries which iswitnessing disputes and internal conflicts and acts of violence that benefit from the experience and the lesson of Somalia there is no substitute for dialogue, no matter how prolonged the war and whatever spilled the blood of the parties will turn eventually to dialogue so they inject their blood.
Your Majesties, Excellencies and Highnesses:
Despite the crises and challenges looming over the Arab world has bled you human from Somalia , where he held elections in our country early this year in an atmosphere for peaceful and unprecedented Anthus free democratic transparent and was broadcast live in full view of all the world starting with the legislative elections , which the Somali people elected according to which the members of the Federal parliament , which consists of the parliament and the Senate, followed by the presidential elections that were not less enthusiastic presence and where the members of parliament and the Senate together to perform the constitutional duty and the election of a new president of the Republic responded in a manner Rigg Of the Somali people in change and received the Somali people as a result of the elections by welcoming and cheers, and welcomed and blessed by the international community, and these elections have been through the ballot boxes peaceful transfer of power between the new presidents and former before the heavy presence of international Almojta and under the eyes of the local and international media lenses, and in the light of the election result, according as determined by the Constitution and the system in force in the country, we have appointed brother Hassan Ali charity a new prime minister who won the confidence of the parliament and on March 21 the formation of the new government and submitted it to the parliament again to gain confidence.
Your Majesties, Excellencies and Highnesses:
Somalia 's new government faces a number of challenges that need to be realistic planning and support to our brothers and friends to overcome. Many polymorphic challenges and worst:
1. the danger of extremism and terrorism ,
the continuing attacks and terrorist bombings subsequent that destroy what was built by the Somalis with their efforts and their race and claim the lives of thousands of unarmed innocent and deplete the human and material energies, is the president who is an obstacle to the reconstruction of Somalia and restore security and stability of the danger. It is true that terrorism has become epidemic spread in most of the world 's continents, but we suffered from the Massaibh for is short and more than any other country, and the reality of the experience we call on the world to unite positions and coordinate its efforts and assembling its resources to confront and eradicate the plague of terrorism , which does not exclude anyone.
2. wave of drought and famine:
recurrent drought in Somalia is due to the phenomenon of climate change in the world and the interruption of rain, dry rivers and gore water sources, causing famine and the spread of epidemics and deadly diseases for more than three million children, women and elderly Somalis who may be exposed to the risk of death unless their ministry and providing assistance to them, and also causes drought killed millions of heads of livestock which is one of the most important pillars of the Somali economy. The face of the risk of drought need urgent action and effective relief to those affected and need a movement medium and long term to find sustainable solutions to break the cycles of successive drought by providing permanent water sources and the expansion of agricultural land.
3. limited physical possibilities:
no doubt that any country is exposed to a series of wars and strife and turmoil for a period of twenty - six years will collapse , its economy and up to the brink of bankruptcy and poverty no matter how great potential and flourishing economy , and this situation is Mayaaneha the Somali people at the moment and make efforts to overcome them.
- Somali people face the challenges and risks that I 've listed thetogetherness of the official and popular efforts and stand united and bearing in mind first and foremost to assist drought - affected where harnessing all material capabilities limited to provide some of the immediate needs of food and medical supplies , but the little that we have to Effi the desired goal and ISD the need for affected brothers therefore appeal to our brothers in the Arab world from governments, philanthropic organizations and the private sector to rise up to save millions of Somalis affected by providing emergency humanitarian aid of food, medical and water drinkable Oll Agriculture and livestock watering.
Your Majesties, Excellencies and Highnesses:
The temporary aid and aid emergency can not be a solution to what we are experiencing economic problems and do not achieve what we are looking for economic growth and rebuilding the infrastructure and the fight against terrorism, extremism and provide security to the citizens so we appeal to our brothers in the Arab countries to take one practical steps include:
1. to stand by the Somali government and its support in the fight against terrorism and extremism through the Somali National army and security services building and the provision of equipment necessary for them weapons and help improve the performance of the judicial organs and the judiciary.
2. Review the special support of Somalia items in the decisions taken by the Arab summits of successive terms of the new government of the Republic of Somalia attaches hopes to implement the provisions of these resolutions, and we request the current of our summit to issue decisions calls for treatment plant assistance to meet the challenges and risks that we mentioned and to activate and implement all decisions with the support of Somalia, and the mention of which decision to Sharm el - Sheikh summit to provide urgent financial support amounting to ten million dollars a month for the Somali government 's budget for one year and the decision to hold a conference for the development of Arab Somalia this year, and in this context , I would like to express our thanks Jizzi And gratitude for the decision of the State of Kuwait to host conference to support Somalia 's education sector , hoping to take place as soon as possible and look forward to Arab broad participation and effective in this conference, reform of the education sector approaches important to address the problems of Somalia and in the forefront of the problem of violence directed young Somali movements of terrorist and extremist.
3. invite Arab businessmen and the private sector to Arab investment in Somalia and more open Arab markets to Somali products.
4. Provide possible long - term Odion financial aid to help Somalia in theextraction of resources buried in the ground and in the depths of the sea and the development of agricultural, livestock and fisheries.
Conclusion: I renew thanks to His Majesty King Abdullah II , King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and the Holy audience you asking God to grant our summit with success