Thursday, January 24, 2008
The African Union warned the Shabab insurgency is spreading to relatively peaceful areas. "Their strategy seems to be to further weaken the TFG [Transitional Federal Government] by destabilising as many areas as possible. ... In the Middle and Lower Juba regions, the al-Shabaab [military wing of the deposed Union of Islamic Courts] are reported to be training new recruits and planning attacks, taking advantage of the instability created by clashes between clans." More than 130 Somalis drowned as their boat capsized in the Red Sea.
Designation of Al-Shabaab
The Foundation is dedicated to networking like-minded Somalis opposed to the terrorist insurgency that is plaguing our beloved homeland and informing the international public at large about what is really happening throughout the Horn of Africa region.
- ► 2012 (783)
- ► 2011 (1125)
- ► 2010 (2303)
- ► 2009 (2844)
- Islamist Terrorism Poses Renewed Threat
- Terrorist sympathizers from Masjid Ibn-Taymiyha Co...
- 19 Killed in Somalia Clash
- French aid worker among four killed in Somalia ter...
- Republic of Ethiopia The Week in the Horn
- News somalia
- African Union Unveils Road Map for Peace in Somali...
- Top AU official in Mogadishu
- New Somalia Cabinet Locates to Mogadishu
- Most Wanted Man in Horn of Africa The Islamic Cour...
- news briefing, State Department
- Problems in the VOA-Somali Service
- An Internet Jihad Aims at U.S. Viewers
- ▼ January (13)
Al-Qaida in Somalia. ...
We Are Winning the War on Terrorism in Horn of Africa
The threat is from violent extremists who are a small minority of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, the threat is real. They distort Islam. They kill man, woman and child; Christian and Hindu, Jew and Muslim. They seek to create a repressive caliphate. To defeat this enemy, we must understand who we are fighting against, and what we are fighting for.