Monday, July 22, 2013
Jubbaland forces arrest suspects after Kismayo attack
Jubbaland security forces arrested several suspected al-Shabaab sympathisers Sunday (July 21st) in Kismayo following a landmine attack Saturday that killed at least five civilians, UN-funded Radio Bar-Kulan reported
Security operations will continue until the city is entirely stable, said senior administration official Moalim Mohamed Ibrahim.
He said a committee was appointed to investigate the attack, which targeted an African Union Mission in Somalia convoy carrying Sierra Leonean troops.
Designation of Al-Shabaab
The Foundation is dedicated to networking like-minded Somalis opposed to the terrorist insurgency that is plaguing our beloved homeland and informing the international public at large about what is really happening throughout the Horn of Africa region.
- ► 2016 (52)
- ► 2015 (68)
- ► 2014 (416)
- Al Shabaab claim attack on Turkish mission in Soma...
- Jubbaland forces arrest suspects after Kismayo att...
- Facebook accused of liking Somalia pirates
- Council conclusions on Somalia / FOREIGN AFFAIRS C...
- Al-Shabaab ‘setting up fresh units’
- Somalia - Al Shabaab 'Infiltrates' Intelligence Se...
- Somalia - Ethiopia and Amisom Commanders Meet, Bat...
- Jubbaland Opposes Spoilers, Not the Constitution -...
- Allgaalkacyo Official Website - Somali Latest News...
- PRESS RELEASE: Puntland Government Suspends Local ...
- Islamist group in Somalia bans samosas after decid...
- Press Release: Dawladda Soomaaliya umadda way ka d...
- jububland government troops conduct house to hous...
- press release : jubbaland state of somalia
- ▼ July (14)
- ► 2012 (782)
- ► 2011 (1124)
- ► 2010 (2301)
- ► 2009 (2843)
- ► 2008 (1071)
Al-Qaida in Somalia. ...
We Are Winning the War on Terrorism in Horn of Africa
The threat is from violent extremists who are a small minority of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, the threat is real. They distort Islam. They kill man, woman and child; Christian and Hindu, Jew and Muslim. They seek to create a repressive caliphate. To defeat this enemy, we must understand who we are fighting against, and what we are fighting for.