Sunday, August 3, 2014
Exclusive Report - Another Three More Al Qaeda linked Shabaab Bites the Dust..Somalia executes Three jihadi militants by firing squad, Somali gov't executes 3 al-Shabaab members, including Hassan Muhiyadin - man who facilitated attack on Villa Somalia.
Somali gov't executes 3 al-Shabaab members, including Hassan Muhiyadin - man who facilitated attack on Villa Somalia.
Three al-shabaab jihadi men were executed by firing squad on Sunday after a Somali military court found them guilty of killing civilians in a series of recent attacks in the country blamed on al Shabaab Islamist militants.
The men were hooded and tied to poles with their hands behind their backs in a field in the capital Mogadishu, where a crowd gathered to watch the execution.
"Anyone who kills a person or a militant who kills people and is arrested will also be taken to court and executed," Abdirahman Turyare, the chairman of the military court told reporters at the scene.
He said two of the men had pleaded guilty to charges of killing, while the third was accused of facilitating an attack on July 8 by driving the attackers into the presidential palace.
Al Shabaab could not be reached for comment.
The executions were part of a crackdown in which suspected al Shabaab members have been tried by military courts since 2011.
Somalia's government is struggling to impose order more than two decades after the fall of Honorable Mohamed Siad Barre tipped the country into chaos.
Frequent militant attacks show that a surge by African Union peacekeeping troops has not weakened al Shabaab's capacity to wage asymmetric warfare in the capital, where coordination between Somali and foreign intelligence agencies is poor.
Critics say international human rights standards largely prohibit trials of civilians before military courts.
The Somali authorities and judiciary have justified trials of suspected al Shabaab operatives on the grounds that the regular courts are unprotected and vulnerable to attack.
On Sunday, three women were killed in Mogadishu and seven others injured when a remotely detonated bomb exploded in a busy market. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack.
In recent weeks, al Qaeda-linked al Shabaab insurgents have intensified gun and bomb attacks in Mogadishu. On July 5 its fighters attacked the parliament killing at least five soldiers and police.
Designation of Al-Shabaab
The Foundation is dedicated to networking like-minded Somalis opposed to the terrorist insurgency that is plaguing our beloved homeland and informing the international public at large about what is really happening throughout the Horn of Africa region.
- ► 2016 (52)
- ► 2015 (68)
- Twin Cities buddies took similar paths to jihad
- Sources say second American killed fighting with I...
- Somalia: Former Minister of Defense agrees to jo...
- American jihadist who traveled to Syria reportedly...
- Mogadishu youth stage demonstration to denounce Al...
- Somalia military court sentences man to jail for b...
- Jihad In America Cornhole Watch: Ali Muhammad Brow...
- British Muslimah Wants To Be First Woman To Behead...
- Imperial Very Good News! Assad Kills ISIS Jihadi A...
- Amisom to withdraw from Somalia in two years
- US General lauds UPDF role in pacifying Somalia
- The Somalia and Eritrea monitoring group uncovers ...
- EXCLUSIVE: AMISOM command in Kismayo officially ta...
- Japanese Man Captured Reportedly Executed by ISIS ...
- Islamic State of Losers Having Very Bad Week
- My SMS relationship with Al-Shabaab
- Al-Shabaab leader arrested
- PORTRAITS OF MOGADISHU
- Somali army has 400 bogus officers, says commander...
- PRESIDENT HASSAN AT THE US- AFRICA SUMMIT
- Somali Shebab claim killing of senior police chief...
- Exclusive Report - Another Three More Al Qaeda li...
- Big blow to Shabaab Arms Supply. Minister of Infor...
- ▼ August (24)
- ► 2013 (483)
- ► 2012 (782)
- ► 2011 (1124)
- ► 2010 (2301)
- ► 2009 (2843)
- ► 2008 (1071)
Al-Qaida in Somalia. ...
We Are Winning the War on Terrorism in Horn of Africa
The threat is from violent extremists who are a small minority of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, the threat is real. They distort Islam. They kill man, woman and child; Christian and Hindu, Jew and Muslim. They seek to create a repressive caliphate. To defeat this enemy, we must understand who we are fighting against, and what we are fighting for.