Saturday, February 16, 2008
Ethiopian troops deployed in the centre PM of Somalia reveals security cooperation with America
Somali Prime Minister Nur Hassan Hussein that the humanitarian problems in his country is similar to the situation in the Darfur region in western Sudan, and added that the Transitional Government provided facilities to the relief organizations that help the needy Somalis, and explained in a lengthy interview published magazine "Newsweek" and highlighted newspapers Mogadishu yesterday.He pointed out that piracy is a threat to relief efforts, and welcomed the development of his country's relations with the United States, said that Washington provide political support for Somalia only, and revealed the existence of security cooperation between his government and the United States, but denied the existence of customers in Somalia, said his country welcomed the deployment of forces American there. He added that Nur chaos in Somalia may attract elements with links to terrorist organizations, but he stressed that the situation in Somalia is different than it was in past years, and denied knowledge of the elements of the Washington accusing them of responsibility for the bombing of its embassies in the "Nairobi" and "House of Peace" in , 1998, and defended the presence of Ethiopian troops in Somalia, and denied that this is an obstacle to the efforts of his government in the reconciliation and said that the Ethiopian troops entered Somalia to assist the Somali government to overcome the security problems, and refusing to describe the clashes between government-backed forces and Ethiopian opposition as a proxy war between the Ethiopia and Eritrea, said that the positions of the opposition with regard to solving the Somali crisis mixed, and noted that some of them want to reach genuine reconciliation, there are extremists who believe violence and reject the principle of dialogue. Ethiopian troops began in the last days of deployment in regions of central Somalia, and the stationing of units of the Ethiopian forces two days ago in the southern city of "Mtaban" Hiran province (central), the Ethiopian soldiers arrived supporting them tanks and military machines yesterday to the boundary between the territory and jurisdiction "Middle Shabelle" ( north), and came after the escalation of the Somali government opponents and Ethiopian presence attacks on both sides in the central and southern regions, and seized some towns.
Designation of Al-Shabaab
The Foundation is dedicated to networking like-minded Somalis opposed to the terrorist insurgency that is plaguing our beloved homeland and informing the international public at large about what is really happening throughout the Horn of Africa region.
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (68)
- ► 2014 (416)
- ► 2013 (483)
- ► 2012 (782)
- ► 2011 (1124)
- ► 2010 (2301)
- ► 2009 (2843)
- Will divisions undermine Somali rebellion?
- War on Terror is a war on ideas
- Al-Shabaab Islamic Group Claims Attack on the Sout...
- Somalia: Situation Report no. 7 – 22 Feb 2008
- Somalia: Fighting Rocks in Mogadishu Overnight
- Security Chief Killed as Violence Escalates in Som...
- TFG Soldier and a Civilian Killed in New Clashes i...
- Bush winding up tour in Liberia
- terpreting the Concept of Jihad
- Somali Prime Minister backs broad-based reconcilia...
- Somali forces kill three in Mogadishu operation
- Ethiopia Troops Arrive in Central Region, Fighting...
- INTERVIEW-UN envoy: Sec Council must end impunity ...
- U.N. extends peacekeeping mission in Somalia
- Bush pledges $100M to train peacekeepers
- SHABAAB Gunmen kill 2 Ethiopian Troops-witnesses
- Member of Hawiya Traditional Council Rearrested in...
- 6 Somalis Killed in Latest Fighting
- US shifts on Africom base plans
- Five killed in fierce Mogadishu mortar fighting
- Somali prime minister says open for talks with foes
- Police query six men over terror claims
- Somali District Authorities hold Security Talks wi...
- US President George W Bush has arrived in Benin
- Press Briefing by Ambassador Jendayi Frazer
- Somalia Urges UN Peacekeeping Force
- Ethiopian troops deployed in the centre PM of Som...
- Meeting of Mr Bernard Kouchner with with Somali Pr...
- Violence hampers aid to Somali people
- 'Thank you' song dedicated to President Bush
- President of somalia Survived missile attack
- Ethiopia arrests over 300 police for links with Og...
- Bush returns to Africa, continent where America st...
- Hope at last in Somalia
- Africa's Strategic Importance to U.S. Is Growing, ...
- Aid Groups Under Attack
- Hopes grow for peace talks in Somalia
- President Bush trip to Africa
- Puntland STATE troops trade fire with Somali pirates
- PM Meles confers with TFG President Abdullahi Yusu...
- INTERVIEW-Somalia PM says ready for all-inclusive ...
- U.S. Warships Fire on Somali Pirates in Hijacked D...
- 6 Gitmo detainees to face trial for 9/11
- UN Denies Suspension of Operations in Somalia afte...
- EU HR Javier SOLANA met Nur Hassan HUSSEIN (Nur Ad...
- Terror Hot Spots: Somalia -- Kids In The Cross Ha
- Michael Chertoff's deepest fears: Terrorists enter...
- Police say 49 insurgents surrender in Mogadishu
- GIMF: The AMERICAN Leader of al Qaeda in Somalia (...
- Somalia Islamist insurgents
- Somalia Stint Haunts Swedish Muslim
- Ethiopia steps up war to support new government in...
- Expatriate Somalis return to help rebuild Puntland
- Bin Laden and Omar operating in Pakistan: U.S. off...
- A Week in the Horn
- US General Explains How to Fight Terrorism
- Adam Gadahn - American al-Qaeda Killed In U.S. Str...
- One killed as Somali Islamists bring in Afghan-tra...
- Somalia: Al Shabab wing claims separation from ICU
- Islamist insurgents claim Somalia attacks
- Grenade attack kills 15 in Somalia
- 25 People Killed in Explosions in Puntland Region
- Tube terror gang guilty
- Somalia: Insurgents Are Responsible for Ethiopian ...
- Pirates hijack Danish-owned ship off Somali coast
- Pirates hijack Russian ship off Somali coast
- Roadside bomb kills 8 people in Somali capital
- 11 die in Mogadishu when car strikes landmine
- Troops clash with insurgents in Somalia, lawmaker ...
- A Week in the Horn
- The Price of Prosperity
- ▼ February (72)
Al-Qaida in Somalia. ...
We Are Winning the War on Terrorism in Horn of Africa
The threat is from violent extremists who are a small minority of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, the threat is real. They distort Islam. They kill man, woman and child; Christian and Hindu, Jew and Muslim. They seek to create a repressive caliphate. To defeat this enemy, we must understand who we are fighting against, and what we are fighting for.