Thursday, February 7, 2008
One killed as Somali Islamists bring in Afghan-trained commander
NAIROBI, Kenya (AFP) � A Somali security official was killed in Mogadishu, witnesses said Sunday, as Islamists insurgents brought into their ranks an battle-tested Afghan-trained commander. dig more http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hL5iUY1dwpzTM-NLMu9L7XyQmmHw
Designation of Al-Shabaab
The Foundation is dedicated to networking like-minded Somalis opposed to the terrorist insurgency that is plaguing our beloved homeland and informing the international public at large about what is really happening throughout the Horn of Africa region.
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (68)
- ► 2014 (416)
- ► 2013 (483)
- ► 2012 (782)
- ► 2011 (1124)
- ► 2010 (2301)
- ► 2009 (2843)
- Will divisions undermine Somali rebellion?
- War on Terror is a war on ideas
- Al-Shabaab Islamic Group Claims Attack on the Sout...
- Somalia: Situation Report no. 7 – 22 Feb 2008
- Somalia: Fighting Rocks in Mogadishu Overnight
- Security Chief Killed as Violence Escalates in Som...
- TFG Soldier and a Civilian Killed in New Clashes i...
- Bush winding up tour in Liberia
- terpreting the Concept of Jihad
- Somali Prime Minister backs broad-based reconcilia...
- Somali forces kill three in Mogadishu operation
- Ethiopia Troops Arrive in Central Region, Fighting...
- INTERVIEW-UN envoy: Sec Council must end impunity ...
- U.N. extends peacekeeping mission in Somalia
- Bush pledges $100M to train peacekeepers
- SHABAAB Gunmen kill 2 Ethiopian Troops-witnesses
- Member of Hawiya Traditional Council Rearrested in...
- 6 Somalis Killed in Latest Fighting
- US shifts on Africom base plans
- Five killed in fierce Mogadishu mortar fighting
- Somali prime minister says open for talks with foes
- Police query six men over terror claims
- Somali District Authorities hold Security Talks wi...
- US President George W Bush has arrived in Benin
- Press Briefing by Ambassador Jendayi Frazer
- Somalia Urges UN Peacekeeping Force
- Ethiopian troops deployed in the centre PM of Som...
- Meeting of Mr Bernard Kouchner with with Somali Pr...
- Violence hampers aid to Somali people
- 'Thank you' song dedicated to President Bush
- President of somalia Survived missile attack
- Ethiopia arrests over 300 police for links with Og...
- Bush returns to Africa, continent where America st...
- Hope at last in Somalia
- Africa's Strategic Importance to U.S. Is Growing, ...
- Aid Groups Under Attack
- Hopes grow for peace talks in Somalia
- President Bush trip to Africa
- Puntland STATE troops trade fire with Somali pirates
- PM Meles confers with TFG President Abdullahi Yusu...
- INTERVIEW-Somalia PM says ready for all-inclusive ...
- U.S. Warships Fire on Somali Pirates in Hijacked D...
- 6 Gitmo detainees to face trial for 9/11
- UN Denies Suspension of Operations in Somalia afte...
- EU HR Javier SOLANA met Nur Hassan HUSSEIN (Nur Ad...
- Terror Hot Spots: Somalia -- Kids In The Cross Ha
- Michael Chertoff's deepest fears: Terrorists enter...
- Police say 49 insurgents surrender in Mogadishu
- GIMF: The AMERICAN Leader of al Qaeda in Somalia (...
- Somalia Islamist insurgents
- Somalia Stint Haunts Swedish Muslim
- Ethiopia steps up war to support new government in...
- Expatriate Somalis return to help rebuild Puntland
- Bin Laden and Omar operating in Pakistan: U.S. off...
- A Week in the Horn
- US General Explains How to Fight Terrorism
- Adam Gadahn - American al-Qaeda Killed In U.S. Str...
- One killed as Somali Islamists bring in Afghan-tra...
- Somalia: Al Shabab wing claims separation from ICU
- Islamist insurgents claim Somalia attacks
- Grenade attack kills 15 in Somalia
- 25 People Killed in Explosions in Puntland Region
- Tube terror gang guilty
- Somalia: Insurgents Are Responsible for Ethiopian ...
- Pirates hijack Danish-owned ship off Somali coast
- Pirates hijack Russian ship off Somali coast
- Roadside bomb kills 8 people in Somali capital
- 11 die in Mogadishu when car strikes landmine
- Troops clash with insurgents in Somalia, lawmaker ...
- A Week in the Horn
- The Price of Prosperity
- ▼ February (72)
Al-Qaida in Somalia. ...
We Are Winning the War on Terrorism in Horn of Africa
The threat is from violent extremists who are a small minority of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, the threat is real. They distort Islam. They kill man, woman and child; Christian and Hindu, Jew and Muslim. They seek to create a repressive caliphate. To defeat this enemy, we must understand who we are fighting against, and what we are fighting for.