(Mogadishu, Sunday 24 April 2011) In a meeting chaired by the Somali Prime Minister, H.E Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed, the Cabinet addressed the current situation of the country.
After considering the current insecurity in the country;
• Considering the progress made by the Government in the fight against the al-Shabab extremists;
• Cognizant of the progress made in the security, political, financial fields, in addition to the payment of the civil servants and the armed forces, and the need to maintain these
Recognizing the difficult situation in the country with the prolonged drought, rising number of internally displaced persons (IDPs), the ongoing violence, death and injuries of the civilians, the conflict within the al-Qaeda linked al-Shabab extremists and how weak they have become;
• Considering the calls of the countries that contributed troops to the AU peacekeeping mission in Somalia (AMISOM) as well as that from sections of the International Community and from the Somali people;
• Considering the earlier proposal by the cabinet that the elections of top leadership be postponed for one year so as to maintain the momentum and complete the transitional tasks;
• Appreciating the support by the East African Community Heads of State to the proposal of the Somali cabinet to postpone the elections of the top leadership for one year; Therefore, the Cabinet;-
1. Decided that the current situation on the ground is not practical to hold elections at this time;
2. Reiterates the earlier Cabinet proposal to postpone the elections until August 2012 in a
bid to complete the ongoing security and political initiatives underway;
3. Will continue the consultations it began with the Parliament regarding the Government plans to complete the transitional tasks as called in the Charter and to create a shared understanding on the way forward;
4. Calls on the Somali people as well as the International Community to support their decision.
Mogadishu TF.SF— After lengthy and unusual meeting held on Sunday afternoon in Mogadishu, the cabinet ministers have repeated their decision of delaying the country's parliamentary and presidential elections which are due to hold in August this year.Chaired by the prime minister of Somali government Mohammed Abdullahi Mohammed Farmajo, the ministers also said that holding the national election at this time may paralyze government efforts to bring peace back to Somalia.
Shortly after the meeting was wrapped up, Eng. Abdurrahman Omar Osman Yarisow, the information advisor of Somali premier, told Shabelle Media Network the decision was reached because the government has made more advances in its fight against Al shabaab, upgrading the power and quality of Somali army and battling with corruption and developing good governance.
He said the government is committed having more deliberations and consultations with Somali parliament and all Somali community.
Shir ay yeesheen Golaha Wasiirradda maanta 24ka April, 2011 uuna shir gudoominayey Raisul-Wasaaraha Mudane Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed (Farmaajo) ayaa looga dooday xaaladda adag ee uu dalku ku jiro
Hadaba Golaha Wasiiraddu:
1. Markii ay tixgeliyeen xaaladda nabadgelyo xumo ee waddanku ku sugan yahay;
2. Markii ay tixgeliyeen guulaha iyo horumarka ay dowladdu ka gaartay dagaalka lagula jiro kooxaha Khawaarijta;
3. Markii ay garwaaqsadeen horumarka laga sameeyey amniga, siyaasadda, dhaqaalaha, xaquuqda shaqaalaha iyo ciidamada, iyo baahida loo qabo in la joogteeyo, lana dhameystiro.
4. Markii ay tixgeliyeen duruufta adag ee dalku ku jiro: abaaro ba’an, barakac baahsan, dagaal dhimasho iyo dhaawac maalin walba sababaya, jabka ku dhacay Al-Shabaab & Al-Qaacida iyo sida ay u kala daadsan yihiin;
5. Markii ay tixgeliyeen go’aanada iyo baaqyada ka soo baxaya dowladaha ciidamadoodu dalka joogaan, qaar ka mid ah beesha caalamka iyo shacabka soomaaliyeed.
6. Markii ay tixgeliyeen go’aankii ay horay u gaareen Golaha Wasiiraddu ee ahaa in dib loo dhigo waqtiga doorashooyinka Madaxda Dawladda muddo hal sano ah si aan loo wiiqin horumarka Amni ee ka socda qaybo kala duwan oo dalka ka mid ah loona dhamaystiro hawlaha ka dhiman xilliga kala guurka;
7. Makii ay arkeen taageerada loo dhamaa ee ay Dawladaha Bariga Afrika Madaxdoodu la garab istaageen go’aankii Xukuumadda ee ku aadanaa in doorashooyinka Madaxda Dawladda dib loo dhigo muddo hal sano ah;
Waxey go’aamiyeen in xaaladda waddanka uu ku jiro aaney suurtogal aheyn in doorasho la qabto waqtigan;
2. Wuxuu sii adkeeyey go’aankiisii ahaa in doorashooyinka dib loo dhigo muddo hal sano ah ilaa iyo August 2012, si ay ugu suuragasho in la dhamaystiro hawlaha amni iyo siyaasadeed ee socda;
In Xukuumadda ay sii wado wadatashiyada ay la bilowday baarlamaanka ee ku aadan qorshayaasha xukuumaddu u diyaarineyso dhameystirka howlaha qabyada ah ee uu Axdiga FKMG ah na farayo, si loo abuuro aragti mideysan ee ku aadan mustaqbalka soomaaliya.
Ugu danbeyntii Golahu waxuu ugu baaqayaa shacabka soomaaliyeed, iyo beesha caalamka inay taageero buuxdo nagu siiyaan meelmarinta iyo hirgelinta go’aankan.
Garad Salad HersiPress Officer office of the Prime Mogadishu, Somalia