Thursday, February 26, 2015
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Sunday, February 22, 2015
Thursday, February 19, 2015
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Forum for Unity and Democracy Founders' Conference
1st National Founders' Conference of the Forum for Unity and Democracy
February 16th, 2015, Mogadishu, Somalia
The Forum for Unity and Democracy held the 1st National Founders' Conference attended by its founders on the 16 February 2015 at the Peoples’ House, headquarters of the Forum in Mogadishu, Somalia.
The Forum for Unity and Democracy:
(1) Welcomes the first National Founders' Conference symbolizing the union of Somalis devoted to the cause of advancing reconciliation, peace, and democracy across their nation.
(2) Recognizes the concerns echoed by the Somali people in regard to the state and welfare of their nation.
(3) Determined to work towards creating a united, prosperous and modern Somalia founded on democracy and social justice - a country where all citizens enjoy equal political, economic and socio-cultural rights.
(4) Endeavours toward upholding the supremacy of the law and good governance; promoting speedy recovery of our economy; advancing human rights for all Somalis; ensuring the establishment of multiparty democracy; restoring an independent judiciary; and ensuring public participation through free and fair elections.
(5) Reiterates the Forum for Unity and Democracy’s commitment to the realization of Vision 2016.
(6) Recognizes the need to institutionalize and operationalize the Forum for Unity and Democracy in order to advance its vision and mission.
(7) Welcomes the official opening of the Forum for Unity and Democracy’s National Headquarters.
(8) Welcomes the adoption of the Forum for Unity and Democracy’s Provisional Constitution.
(9) Approves the endorsement of the founders to elect an interim National Executive Committee before the National Conference of the Forum and the election of the Forum for Unity and Democracy’s Chair, three Deputy Chairs, and the Secretary-General.
(10) Endorses the Forum for Unity and Democracy’s framework for a six-month work-plan.
(11) Expresses its appreciation to its founders, members, staff and volunteers for their generous support during the founding of the Forum for Unity and Democracy.
(12) Calls upon the state institutions to appreciate the positive contribution of the Forum to the national reform agenda.
(13) Calls upon all Somalis in the country and abroad to join the Forum’s movement and the agenda to move their country forward.
Done at Mogadishu, Somalia on 16 February 2015.
About the SFUD: The Forum for Unity and Democracy is the largest coalition of political parties and actors in Somalia committed to the realization of accountable, citizen-driven governance, constitutional reform and the return of decision-making back to the hands of the Somali people.
PRESS RELEASE (For Immediate Release) Forum for Unity and Democracy Holds National Founders’ Conference
(For Immediate Release)
Forum for Unity and Democracy Holds National Founders’ Conference
Mogadishu, Somalia - The Forum for Unity and Democracy today convened its first National Founders Conference at the Peoples House, the Forum’s headquarters in Mogadishu, Somalia. The Forum, which brings together political actors, civil society stakeholders, and other prominent personalities offers the first nationwide dialogue on the country’s priorities and is a key catalyst for the reform agenda and the implementation of Vision 2016.
Founders of the Forum at the conference endorsed the ideals of the Forum; discussed and approved the Forum’s Provisional Constitution and program framework for the first six-months. The founders also elected former Prime Minister Abdiweli Sheikh Ahmed as Chair, 2012 Presidential Candidate Abdurahman Maalin Abdullahi as Deputy Chair, former Deputy Prime Minister Hussein Arab Esse as Deputy Chair, prominent Somali academic Professor Abdishukur Sheikh Hassan Fiqi as Deputy Chair and former Minister of Health Ali Mohamed Mohamud as Secretary-General. The election process was conducted in an open, democratic, and transparent manner.
While acknowledging the important groundwork covered by the Forum and its Parliamentary group, founders and guests at the conference praised the Forum for its Pan-Somali approach and expect the elected leaders to deliver on its principles.
The Forum represents a concerted effort to champion for a clear political roadmap where the public, political actors and state institutions will be engaged in dialogue for reform to return power to the people.
About the SFUD: The Somali Forum for Unity and Democracy is the largest coalition of political parties and actors in Somalia committed to the realization of accountable, citizen-driven governance, constitutional reform and the return of decision-making back to the hands of the Somali people.
Thursday, February 12, 2015
Ex-Somali Police Commissioner General Mohamed Abshir
Seyyid Muhammad Abdille Hassan
Sultan Mohamud Ali Shire
Designation of Al-Shabaab
The Foundation is dedicated to networking like-minded Somalis opposed to the terrorist insurgency that is plaguing our beloved homeland and informing the international public at large about what is really happening throughout the Horn of Africa region.
- ► 2016 (51)
- CIIDAMADA ILAALADA PUNTLAND OO SOO QABTAY DOON TAH...
- Columbus Man Arrested For Allegedly Helping Terror...
- Dagmada Saaxo ee Gobolka Mudug oo yeelatay Golle D...
- barkhad abdi new movie trialer -Hawaii Five 0 Ou...
- Communiqué from the Forum for Unity and Democracy ...
- PRESS RELEASE (For Immediate Release) Forum for ...
- Addis Ababa to Duvdevan: Staff Sgt. Metoko’s Remar...
- INTEGRATION TV IN MOGADISHU, SOMALIA EPISODE 1
- ▼ February (8)
- ► 2014 (416)
- ► 2013 (483)
- ► 2012 (782)
- ► 2011 (1124)
- ► 2010 (2301)
- ► 2009 (2843)
- ► 2008 (1071)
Al-Qaida in Somalia. ...
We Are Winning the War on Terrorism in Horn of Africa
The threat is from violent extremists who are a small minority of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, the threat is real. They distort Islam. They kill man, woman and child; Christian and Hindu, Jew and Muslim. They seek to create a repressive caliphate. To defeat this enemy, we must understand who we are fighting against, and what we are fighting for.