Posted Tuesday, December 21 2010 at 00:00
Moments after the blast, the Kampala Coaches country manager in Uganda, Mr Bashir Sebbi, said two of the casualties are their staff; Ibrahim Ismail and another only identified as Lumansi.
A female passenger, he said, carried the suspicious carton which when dropped exploded.
“A struggle ensued between our security staff and three men which resulted in the box they were carrying to drop down which was followed by a loud explosion,” Mr Mohammed said.
The dead man is reported to be among the group that tried to force its way on to the bus.
He told a meeting of senior police commanders in Kampala to close places of public gatherings that lack adequate security arrangements because the Force is obliged to protect life and property.
Kayihura said the Nairobi attack is believed to be the work of terrorists.
Last week, Chief of Defence Forces Aronda Nyakairima put the army on high alert over security fears.
daily news bulletin.
|Bulletin-ka Wakaalada SONNA Isniin 20 Dec 2010.pdf|
1825K View as HTML Scan and download