Aden Hashi Farah "Eyrow" (also spelled Ayrow or Ayro, ? - 1 May 2008 was a leader of the Hizbul Shabaab, the armed wing of the Somali Islamic Courts Union (ICU). He was from the Ayr sub-clan, part of the Habar Gidir, which is a branch of the Hawiye clan. He was reportedly married to Halima Abdi Issa Yusuf. He was among several militants killed in a U.S. airstrike on May 1, 2008.Early lifeLittle is known about Aden Hashi Farah Ayro, though from his clan, it was known that he received little formal education of any kind before joining the Ifka Halane Islamic court in the mid-1990s under thetutelage of Sheikh Hassan Dahir Aweys. According to sources from the International Crisis Group, Aweys selected him to go to Afghanistan for further training.Afghanistan and Al-QaedaAden Hashi Farah Ayro was said to have gone to Afghanistan to train with al-Qaeda before 2001, according to Matthew Bryden of International Crisis Group. Here he was supposedly trained in explosives and other insurgent tactics, applying them in the Islamic Courts Union militias later on; notably with the Shiirkoole (Circolo) court of Mogadishu.It was after this stint with the terror organisation that he went back to Somalia in 2003 to set up a network with other al-Itihaad al-Islamiya veterans to assassinate foreigners and opponents, culminating in the eventual deaths of four foreign aid workers and at least ten Somali former military and police officers. On June 10, 2006, The Guardian broke this story by stating, "An unnamed network run by one of Aweys's proteges, Aden Hashi Farah "Ayro", has been linked to the murder of four western aid workers and more than a dozen Somalis who allegedly cooperated with counter-terror organisations. They also desecrated an Italian cemetery in Mogadishu to great international outrage, and helped shelter and provide assistance to Al-Qaeda operatives in Banaadir and the Lower Shabelle region of Somalia. During this period, Ayro's actions remained clandestineIslamic Courts UnionOn June 15, 2006, Aden Hashi Farah "Eyrow" was said to have taken a load of arms sent from EritreaIn July, 720 Somali volunteers were selected by Aden Hashi Farah "Eyrow" to travel to Lebanon to fight against the Israelis. Of those, only 80 returned to Mogadishu. In September, another 20 returned, along with five members of Hizbollah.Attempt on lifeTheresa Whelan, the U.S. deputy assistant secretary of defense for African affairs, in a press conference on January 17, 2007, said she believed the U.S. AC-130 gunship raid which occurred on January 8 had killed eight fighters linked to Aden Hashi Farah Ayro. Ayro was believed to have been wounded in the attack and perhaps killed.However, on March 7, 2007, it was found that Aden Hashi Ayro, who has described himself as a commander of the Islamic Courts movement, said in an audio tape sent to Mogadishu-based Koran Radio: "It is time for the Somali youth to fight the occupation by Ethiopia and others." He further said, "We will fight for the name of Allah and our country. Let us bring together all our forces to fight the enemy of Somalia.Al-Qaeda in SomaliaAccording to intelligence provided to Somalia's Deputy Defence Minister, Salad Ali Jelle, Aden Hashi Ayro was named by Al Qaeda as its leader in the wartorn nation. It was also reported by the Associated Press that the United Nations have attributed 16 killings to him, including BBC journalist Kate Peyton and a failed attempt to bring down an Ethiopian airliner.DeathOn May 1, 2008, Terrorist adan hashi farah(ayrow) is killed in a pre-dawn airstrike launched by U.S. forces..... good job.
Ex-Somali Police Commissioner General Mohamed Abshir
Seyyid Muhammad Abdille Hassan
Sultan Mohamud Ali Shire
Designation of Al-Shabaab
The Foundation is dedicated to networking like-minded Somalis opposed to the terrorist insurgency that is plaguing our beloved homeland and informing the international public at large about what is really happening throughout the Horn of Africa region.
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (68)
- ► 2014 (416)
- ► 2013 (483)
- ► 2012 (781)
- ► 2011 (1123)
- ► 2010 (2294)
- ► 2009 (2838)
- Somalia’s leaders divided on peace talks delegatio...
- Somalia UN talks resume
- Ethiopian troops have confiscated weapons
- Somali Islamist group claims responsibility for de...
- Letter to the members of the Somali Diaspora
- Somalia peace talks to re-start on Saturday
- Strategy of Somalia’s Islamists Survives Death of ...
- Heavy civilian toll as Mogadishu fighting kills at...
- Islamist rebels reject UN proposal for Somalia
- Jihadi Suicide Bombers: The New Wave
- US urges Somalia government to isolate extremists
- Roadside bomb kills four AU peacekeepers in Mogadishu
- Israeli elephant expert dies in Ethiopia blast
- Somalia: Islamist rebels in secret deal with Kisma...
- Two Simultaneous Attacks in the Somali Capital Ove...
- Arms reach Somali warlords despite UN sanctions
- Eritrean gov’t striving hard to block dialogue bet...
- Ethiopia to stay in Somalia till "jihadists" beaten
- somalian terrorist leader al shabaab leader Hassa...
- Islamofascist Intimidation at Columbus State
- A Peace Deal To Die For
- aid worker killed in southern Somalia
- Somalia: Burundi defense chief visits Mogadishu
- Security Council calls for plans to deploy UN peac...
- EXCLUSIVE-UNDP accused over firm with suspected mi...
- Islamists target Somalis in terror campaign
- Country Reports on Terrorism -Report U.S. State ...
- Somalia's civil war
- Crush the Extremists in Mogadishu!
- Somalia peace talks to get underway in Djibouti: UN
- Somalia: Somaliland and the Union of Islamic Court...
- Watchdog slams journos attack
- A moderate Muslim longs for a more spiritual faith
- We solute you, Mr. President.
- Somali -Ethio conflict and it starts from the earl...
- US airstrike kills leader of Shabab movement in So...
- Background about Terrorist ADAN HASHI FARAH(AYROW...
- Al-Qa'eda 'leader' killed in Somalia
- U.S. airstrike kills Somali al-Qaida chief al-shabaab
- ▼ May (39)
Al-Qaida in Somalia. ...
We Are Winning the War on Terrorism in Horn of Africa
The threat is from violent extremists who are a small minority of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, the threat is real. They distort Islam. They kill man, woman and child; Christian and Hindu, Jew and Muslim. They seek to create a repressive caliphate. To defeat this enemy, we must understand who we are fighting against, and what we are fighting for.