Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Somalia: Somaliland and the Union of Islamic Courts’ peculiar relationship
by Mohamed JibrellThe Union of Islamic Courts (UIC) were defeated and chased from their last stronghold in Mogadishu in December 2006. Except for few remnants engaged in hit and run, Alqaeda style skirmishes, the UIC fighting capacity has been very much degraded. But it seems that through the unholy convergence of interests between the Mogadishu insurgents and the Somaliland secessionist administration in Hargeisa, their luck seems to be turning for the better. Through the urgings of the Union of Islamic Courts (UIC), hell bent on the destabilization of Puntland, Somaliland invaded and occupied Puntland's most historic city, Laascaanod. They have also embarked on unsuccessful attempts at the occupation of the major cities of Sanaag.. more..http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Opinion_20/Somalia_Somaliland_and_the_Union_of_Islamic_Courts_peculiar_relationship.shtml
Ex-Somali Police Commissioner General Mohamed Abshir
Seyyid Muhammad Abdille Hassan
Sultan Mohamud Ali Shire
Designation of Al-Shabaab
The Foundation is dedicated to networking like-minded Somalis opposed to the terrorist insurgency that is plaguing our beloved homeland and informing the international public at large about what is really happening throughout the Horn of Africa region.
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (68)
- ► 2014 (416)
- ► 2013 (483)
- ► 2012 (781)
- ► 2011 (1123)
- ► 2010 (2294)
- ► 2009 (2838)
- Somalia’s leaders divided on peace talks delegatio...
- Somalia UN talks resume
- Ethiopian troops have confiscated weapons
- Somali Islamist group claims responsibility for de...
- Letter to the members of the Somali Diaspora
- Somalia peace talks to re-start on Saturday
- Strategy of Somalia’s Islamists Survives Death of ...
- Heavy civilian toll as Mogadishu fighting kills at...
- Islamist rebels reject UN proposal for Somalia
- Jihadi Suicide Bombers: The New Wave
- US urges Somalia government to isolate extremists
- Roadside bomb kills four AU peacekeepers in Mogadishu
- Israeli elephant expert dies in Ethiopia blast
- Somalia: Islamist rebels in secret deal with Kisma...
- Two Simultaneous Attacks in the Somali Capital Ove...
- Arms reach Somali warlords despite UN sanctions
- Eritrean gov’t striving hard to block dialogue bet...
- Ethiopia to stay in Somalia till "jihadists" beaten
- somalian terrorist leader al shabaab leader Hassa...
- Islamofascist Intimidation at Columbus State
- A Peace Deal To Die For
- aid worker killed in southern Somalia
- Somalia: Burundi defense chief visits Mogadishu
- Security Council calls for plans to deploy UN peac...
- EXCLUSIVE-UNDP accused over firm with suspected mi...
- Islamists target Somalis in terror campaign
- Country Reports on Terrorism -Report U.S. State ...
- Somalia's civil war
- Crush the Extremists in Mogadishu!
- Somalia peace talks to get underway in Djibouti: UN
- Somalia: Somaliland and the Union of Islamic Court...
- Watchdog slams journos attack
- A moderate Muslim longs for a more spiritual faith
- We solute you, Mr. President.
- Somali -Ethio conflict and it starts from the earl...
- US airstrike kills leader of Shabab movement in So...
- Background about Terrorist ADAN HASHI FARAH(AYROW...
- Al-Qa'eda 'leader' killed in Somalia
- U.S. airstrike kills Somali al-Qaida chief al-shabaab
- ▼ May (39)
Al-Qaida in Somalia. ...
We Are Winning the War on Terrorism in Horn of Africa
The threat is from violent extremists who are a small minority of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, the threat is real. They distort Islam. They kill man, woman and child; Christian and Hindu, Jew and Muslim. They seek to create a repressive caliphate. To defeat this enemy, we must understand who we are fighting against, and what we are fighting for.