Thursday, February 9, 2017
Dual Somali-US citizen elected president in historic vote: MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) — A former prime minister who holds dual Somali-U.S. citizenship was elected Somalia's president on Wednesday, declaring a new 'era of unity' as he took on the daunting task of bringing the long-chaotic country its first fully functioning central government in a quarter-century.
Ex-Somali Police Commissioner General Mohamed Abshir
Seyyid Muhammad Abdille Hassan
Sultan Mohamud Ali Shire
Designation of Al-Shabaab
The Foundation is dedicated to networking like-minded Somalis opposed to the terrorist insurgency that is plaguing our beloved homeland and informing the international public at large about what is really happening throughout the Horn of Africa region.
- MUXUU YAHAY NIDAAMKA FEDERAALKU?
- Pentagon seeks to expand fight against extremists ...
- Mohamed Abdullahi inaugurated as new Somali president
- Somalia's diaspora poets step into the mainstream
- Somalia's President Mohamed Abdullahi aims to defe...
- 'I'm directly appealing to Somali people to help m...
- Mending the Awkward Farmaajo-Ethiopia Relationship
- Somalia Mogadishu 2017, Somalia's capital, Mogadis...
- Who is the 9th President of Somalia H:E Mohamed A...
- Somalia: 39 killed in suicide car bomb
- Make Somalia Great Again Somalia newly elected Pre...
- Somalia sees hope on the horizon, but US partnersh...
- Dual Somali-US citizen elected president in histor...
- Somalia residents have high expectations of new Pr...
- ▼ February (14)
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (68)
- ► 2014 (416)
- ► 2013 (483)
- ► 2012 (781)
- ► 2011 (1123)
- ► 2010 (2294)
- ► 2009 (2838)
- ► 2008 (1069)
Al-Qaida in Somalia. ...
We Are Winning the War on Terrorism in Horn of Africa
The threat is from violent extremists who are a small minority of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, the threat is real. They distort Islam. They kill man, woman and child; Christian and Hindu, Jew and Muslim. They seek to create a repressive caliphate. To defeat this enemy, we must understand who we are fighting against, and what we are fighting for.