2. Meeting with UN Secretary General, Ban Ki-Moon,
3. Meeting with Lynn Pasco, UN Under Secretary General for Political Affairs,
4. Meeting with Friends of Somalia (Ambassadorial level), organised by Norway, Somalia, and UN DPA,
5. Meeting with Russia Permanent Representative, H. E. Mr Vitaly I. Churkin,
6. Meeting with China Permenent Representative, H. E. Mr Min Wang, (Acting and Deputy PR)
The PM gave briefing to all above Officials that he met today regarding the current situation in Somalia. The issues he raised included the following:
a) New lean of 18 ministers – size of cabinet reduced from 29 to 18.
b) Improvements in the security sector, soldiers getting salaries, re-structure of the army, more soldiers being trained, new military commander,
c) Reconciliation and political outreach – High delegation to central regions, engaging with clan leaders, Ahlu-Sunna good relations, they are part of the cabinet;
d) Humanitarian assistance – government controlled areas is okay, but huge challenges in areas controlled by Al-Shabaab.
e) Good governance – transparency and accountability. 2011 budget approved and implemented;
Transitional Tasks & The Constitution – independent commission process is finalized and the parliament has approved. It is expected for the draft constitution is completed within time frame.
Political road map – TFG is working on this issue with Ambassador Mahiga. TFG will soon publish the road map.
The TFG requrested the following needs; Budgetary support, Increase of AMISOM, Humanitarian assistance, Institutional building, capacity building, Service delivery, and technical assistance.